Clinical Nurse Educator (CNE) - Harborview Medical Center - Seattle, WA - 8/24/12
Clinical Nurse Educator, Wound Care
Join Harborview Medical Center's outstanding Clinical Education Department as a Clinical Nurse Educator (CNE) for Wound Care. Provide care to patients consulted for a variety of wounds including, pressure ulcers, complex surgical wounds, arterial, venous and neuropathic ulcers. Provide clinical consultation to other members of the health care team, develop standards, policies, participate in QI and provide educational services.
Collaborate with the institutional/ unit leadership, staff, other CNEs, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Health Care Specialists (ARNPs and PA-Cs) and physicians to impact the quality of care for patients through developing and implementing care standards, policies, guidelines and protocols, etc. Serve as a staff resource for providing complex care for to patients across the continuum. Examples of other educational responsibilities may include new protocol education, and topics that are self-identified or through needs assessments, staff / manager feedback, etc. Coordinate classes and provide classroom instruction within their specialty areas. Share in Clinical Education Department responsibilities including orientation, simulation training, product in-services and BLS training.
As the region's only Level I Trauma center, Harborview Medical Center (HMC) is well known for innovations and excellence in trauma care and its centers of emphasis: Trauma, Burn, Neurosciences, AIDS/STD, Center for Advanced Reconstruction and Rehabilitation (CARER), and mentally-and medically- vulnerable populations. In addition to the centers of emphasis, HMC serves a mission population for King County. Harborview employees are committed to the vital role the institution plays in the immediate community, as well as the entire Northwest region. HMC is owned by King County and managed by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UW's School of Medicine. The UW is proud to be one of the nation's premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, and intellectual excitement.
- Current WA State RN license.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing.
- 3 years of clinical acute care experience.
- 1 years clinical leadership experience; e.g. nurse manager/assistant nurse manager, charge, preceptor, research or teaching.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze practice issues and implement solutions/improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to provide direct wound care in an inpatient setting.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and teach educational offerings.
- Strong customer service / project management focus.
- Demonstrated ability to work within multidisciplinary group setting.
- Advanced written and verbal skills.
- Flexibility in meeting workload demands, some evening/night and weekend rotation required.
- Certification in specialty area.
- PhD, DNP, or M.Ed. .
- Certified in wound and ostomy care (CWCN or CWOCN).
- Experience in conducting research, clinical inquiry and EBP projects.
- Knowledge of MS Office platform (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
How to Apply / Contact:
Please apply on-line via our website, to our job posting # 87715 - via https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/ENG/candidates/default.cfm?szCatego...
Please call Harborview nursing recruitment with any questions at 206-744-9241 or 800-443-6793, or via email@example.com