General Principles and Approaches to Wound Prevention and Care at End of Life: An Overview
- 0 Comments
- 7364 reads
Washington, DC: National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel;2009. Available at: www.epuap.org/. Accessed June 30, 2011.
6. Hanson D, Langemo DK, Olson B, Hunter S, Sauvage T, Burd C, et al. The prevalence and incidence of pressure ulcers in the hospice setting: analysis of two methodologies. Am J Hospice Palliat Care. 1991;8(5):18–22.
7. Chaplin J. Pressure sore risk assessment in palliative care. J Tissue Viability. 2000;10(1):27–31.
8. Bale S, Finlay I, Harding KG. Pressure sore prevalence in a hospice. J Wound Care. 1995;4(10):465–466.
9. Galvin J. An audit of pressure ulcer incidence in a palliative care setting. Int J Palliat Nurs. 2002;8(5):214–221.
10. Hatcliffe S, Dawe R. Monitoring pressure sores in a palliative care setting. Int J Palliat Nurs. 1996;2(4):182-86.
11. Olson K, Tkachuk L, Hanson J. Preventing pressure sores in oncology patients. Clin Nurs Res. 1998;7(2):207–224.
12. Reifsnyder J, Hoplamazian L. Incidence and prevalence of pressure ulcers in hospice. J Palliat Med. 2005;8(1):244.
13. Langemo DK, Brown G. Skin fails too: acute, chronic, and end-stage skin failure. Adv Skin Wound Care. 2006;19(4):206–211.
14. Naylor W. Malignant wounds: aetiology and principles of management. Nurs Stand. 2002;16:45–56.
15. Henoch I, Gustafsson M. Pressure ulcers in palliative care: development of a hospice pressure ulcer risk assessment scale. Int J Palliat Nurs. 2003;9:474–484.
16. Bale S. The contribution of the wound care nurse in developing a diabetic foot clinic. Br J Clin Govern. 2002;7:22–26.
17. van Rijswijk L, Lyder CH. Pressure ulcer prevention and care: Implementing the revised guidance to surveyors for long-term care facilities. Ostomy Wound Manage. 2005;41(4 suppl):7–19.
18. Froiland KG. Wound care of the advanced cancer patient. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2002;16:629–639.
19. Langemo DK, Anderson J, Hanson D, Hunter S, Thompson P. Understanding palliative wound care. Nursing. 2009;37:65–66.
20. Baharestani MM. The lived experience of wives caring for their frail, home bound, elderly husbands with pressure ulcers. Adv Skin Wound Care. 1994;7:40–52.
21. Langemo DK, Black J, National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel. Pressure ulcers in individuals receiving palliative care: a National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel white paper. Adv Wound Care. 2010;23(2):59–72.
22. Black J, Edsberg L, Baharestani M, Langemo D, Goldberg M, McNichol L, et al. Pressure ulcers: avoidable or unavoidable? Results of an NPUAP consensus conference. Ostomy Wound Manage. 2011;57(2):24–37.
23. DeConno F, Ventafridda V, Saita L. Skin problems in advanced and terminal cancer patient. J Pain Sympt Manage. 1991;6:247–256.
24. Moss RJ, LaPuma J. The ethics of pressure sore prevention and treatment in the elderly: a practical approach. J Am Geriatr Soc. 1991;39:905–908.
25. Walding M, Andrews C. Preventing and managing pressure sores in palliative care. Prof Nurs. 1995;11:33–38.
26. Waller A, Caroline NL. Pressure sores. In: Waller A, Caroline NL. Handbook of Palliative Care in Cancer. Boston, MA: Butterworth Heinemann;2001;91–98.
27. Sibbald RG, Krasner DL, Lutz J. SCALE: skin changes at life’s end: final consensus statement: October 1, 2009. Adv Skin Wound Care. 2010;23:225–238.
28. Langemo DK. When the goal is palliative care. Adv Skin Wound Care. 2006;19(2):148–154.
29. Brown G. Long-term outcomes of full-thickness pressure ulcers: healing and mortality. Ostomy Wound Manage. 2003;49:42–50.
30. Peerless J, Davies A, Klein D, Yu D. Skin complications in the intensive care unit. Clin Chest Med. 1999;20(2):453–467.
31. Vanderwee K, Clark M, Dealey C, Defloor T, Schoonhoven L, Witherow A, et al. Development of clinical practice guideline on pressure ulcers. EWMA J. 2007;7:44–46.
32. Davies A.