General Principles and Approaches to Wound Prevention and Care at End of Life: An Overview
- 0 Comments
- 7390 reads
Pressure ulcer prevention and treatment in hospices: a qualitative analysis. J Palliat Care. 2003;19:9–14.
82. Ayello EA, Baranoski S, Sibbald RG, Cuddigan J. Wound debridement. In: Baranoski S, Ayello EA (eds). Wound Care Essentials: Practice Principles, 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins;2011.
83. Naylor W. World Wide Wounds: Part 1: Symptom Control in the Management of Fungating Wounds. Available at: www.worldwidewounds.com/ 2002/march/Naylor/Symptom-Control-Fungating-Wounds. Accessed May 28, 2011.
84. Williams HD. Radiation Ulcers. Available at: www.emedicine.com/plastic/topic466/htm. Accessed July 13, 2011.
85. Smith S. Skin care following radiation therapy. The Clinician’s Notebook. Carrington Laboratories, Inc. Newsletter;1(3):1-3. Available at: www.woundcare.org/newsvol2n2./ar3.htm. Accessed July 13, 2011.
86. Falanga V. Iodine-containing pharmaceuticals: a reappraisal. Proceedings of the 6th European Conference on Advances in Wound Management. London, UK: Macmillian Mags Ltd;1997.
87. Adderly U, Smith R. Topical agents and dressings for fungating wounds. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2007;2.
88. Ferris F, vonGuten C. Fast Facts and Concepts #46. End-of-Life Physician Education Resource Center. Available at: www.eperc.mcw.edu. Accessed August 26, 2011.
89. Thomas S, Fisher B, Fram PJ, Waring M. Odour absorbing dressings. J Wound Care. 1998;7:246–250.
90. Cooper R, Molan P. The use of honey as an antiseptic in managing Pseudomonas infection. J Wound Care. 1999;8(4):161–164.
91. Molan PC. Re-introducing honey in the management of wound and ulcers — theory and practice. Ostomy Wound Manage. 2002;48:28–40.
92. Barton P, Parslow N. Malignant wounds: holistic assessment and management. In: Krasner DL, Rodeheaver GT, Sibbald RG, (eds). Chronic Wound Care: A Clinical Source Book for Healthcare Professionals, 3rd ed. Wayne, PA: HMP Communications;2001:699–710.
93. Ferris FD, Al Khateib AA, Fromantin I, Hoplamzian L, Hurd T, Krasner DL et al. Palliative Wound Care Managing Chronic Wounds Across Life’s Continuum: A Consensus Statement from the International Palliative Wound Care Initiative, 2004. Available at: www.palliativewoundcare.info. Accessed June 20, 2011.
94. Mortimer PS. Management of skin problems: medical aspects. In: Doyle D, Hanks GW, MacDonald N (eds). Oxford Textbook of Palliative Medicine, 2nd ed. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press;1998.
95. Carville K. Caring for cancerous wounds in the community. J Wound Care. 1995;4(2):66–68.
96. Young T. The challenge of managing fungating wounds. Community Nurs. 1997;3(9):41–44.
97. Alexander S. Malignant fungating wounds: key symptoms and psychosocial issues. J Wound Care. 2009;18(8):325–329.
98. Hastings D. Basing care on research. Nurs Times. 1993;89(13):70–76.
99. McMurray V. Managing patients with fungating malignant wounds. Nurs Times. 2003;99:55–57.
100. Haisfield-Wolfe ME, Rund C. Malignant cutaneous wounds: a management protocol. Ostomy Wound Manage. 1997;43(1):56–66.
101. Dowsett C. Malignant fungating wounds: assessment and management. Br J Community Nurs. 2002;8:394–400.
102. Naylor W. Using a new foam dressing in the care of fungating wounds. Br J Nurs. 2001;10(6 suppl):S24–S30.
103. Grocott P. Controlling bleeding in fragile fungating tumors. J Wound Care. 1998;7(7):342.
104. Bryant R. Skin pathology. In: Bryant N (ed). Acute and Chronic Wounds: Nursing Management. New York, NY: Mosby Year Book;1992.
105. Hunter S, Langemo DK, Thompson P, Hanson D, Anderson J. Radiation wounds. Adv Skin Wound Care. 2007;20(8):438–440.
106. Black JM, Black SB. Complex wounds. In: Baranoski S, Ayello EA (eds). Wound Care Essentials: Practice Principles. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins;2003.